The cult hit action-RPG CrossCode is finally heading to consoles globally this July, announced by publisher Dangen Entertainment.
Here’s an overview for CrossCode (via Steam):
This retro-inspired 2D Action RPG might outright surprise you. CrossCode combines 16-bit SNES-style graphics with butter-smooth physics, a fast-paced combat system, and engaging puzzle mechanics, served with a gripping sci-fi story.
CrossCode is all about how it plays! That’s why there is a free Steam demo! Go give it a try! Take the best out of two popular genres, find a good balance between them and make a great game. That’s what CrossCode does. You get the puzzles of Zelda-esque dungeons and are rewarded with the great variety of equipment you know and love from RPGs. During the fast-paced battles you will use the tools you find on your journey to reveal and exploit the enemies’ weaknesses and at the same time will be able to choose equipment and skills for a more in-depth approach in fighting your enemies.
What’s included in the full version:
– Dive into a massive adventure with a playtime of around 30-80 hours
– Explore a large world with 7 unique areas and hidden secrets all over the place
– Fight over 120 enemy types including 30+ boss fights
– Enter 7 expansive dungeons, all with with unique themes and puzzle mechanics
– Master over 90 combat arts and even more passive skills
– Solve over 100 quests with a great variety of tasks and unique challenges
– 60+ music tracks made by a rice ball (yes)
CrossCode will be arriving digitally on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One on July 8th, 2020 for North America and Europe then, July 9th, 2020 for Japan.
A physical edition of CrossCode for Switch and PS4 is set to release at all major retailers across North America and Europe on August 28, 2020. Exclusive and limited steel-book and collector’s editions are also available for pre-order now exclusively via Strictly Limited Games.
You can try the PC demo or buy the full CrossCode on their official Steam page.