Lords of Exile launched its Kickstarter Campaign back on May 20, 2020 but reached its goal to be completely funded in 2 days.
Lords of Exile is described by its developer SquidBit Works as an “8-Bit Dark and Bloody Action Platformer”. Influences from games such as Castlevania can be seen in its style and gameplay but it stands out with a unique story and modern gameplay aspects such as climbing and dodging.
Here’s an overview of Lords of Exile:
In the Far East, in bloody ancient times of war, creatures of the darkness, and samurais, the lands of Exilia suffer the pains of a cruel war. Only a bloodthirsty cursed knight can restore hope and defeat the darkness.
Lords of Exile is a 8-bit side-scrolling action platformer set in the far Lands of Exilia where a cursed knight makes his way to the revenge. A combination of classic retro mechanics and linear level design in 8-bit graphics!
– 8 levels in a classic linear design with powerful end-of-zone bosses!
– Throwing weapons, melee combat, down stab, jump, dashing… and more!
– Use the 3 powers of the shadows of Gabriel’s curse!
– 16-bit physics with a great retro feel and perfectly polished and integrated controls!
– Polished handcrafted 8-bit pixel art and fast animations in an awesome anime style.
– 8-bit SFX and OST enriched with some sounds from the Megadrive sound chip!
Reaching its goal, Lords of Exile is now heading to PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC (via Steam) on March 25, 2021.
Head over to their Kickstarter page to learn more about the game and let us know if you’ll get it.